Nokia Technologies is establishing new businesses built on Nokia’s heritage of innovation and expanding the human possibilities of technology, through technology and brand licensing, advanced R&D activities and game-changing new products.
Presence Capture program in Nokia Technologies, Digital Media unit is building a new category of virtual reality capture and playback solutions. The first product developed by Presence Capture is OZO - the first commercially available Virtual Reality camera designed and built for professional content creators.
We are looking for Principal SW Engineer, VR Video Processing to join our team based in Espoo, Finland.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Designing, developing and testing SW components for audiovisual media processing, encoding and decoding
- Implementing, profiling and optimizing video processing algorithms operating on both CPU and GPU
- Integrating performance critical media processing pipelines into applications
- Independent problem solving in this technical domain
For this role, your key qualifications are:
- Excellent SW development skills with strong knowledge of video processing and multimedia codecs
- Experience in developing high performance software interoperating on CPU and GPU
- Extensive experience in C++
- Good knowledge of OpenCL, OpenGL and GLSL
- Solid knowledge of OpenGL and GLSL
- Familiarity with common SW development tools and processes
- BSc or professional education in a relevant field of engineering
Additionally, we would expect a successful candidate to have:
- Characteristics of a great team player with ability and eagerness to work in a cross-functional team.
- Fluent written and spoken conduct in English.
If this sounds like the place for you, please go ahead and apply online at http://bit.ly/1OLBFU4.
Looking forward to your application!