Restart loop after Ubuntu install on USB

Moi, läppäri mennyt ihan lukkoon. Kiitollinen jos joku osaa auttaa! Ongelma alla englanniksi:

I tried installing Ubuntu for the first time on a USB stick to run from any computer.

Here are the steps I took:

1. downloaded Ubuntu from web on Windows and transferred to USB1 using Rufus
  2. boot into Ubuntu test from live USB1
  3. checked that Windows EFI partition (separate SSD) was flagged as msftdata (the guide I followed stated it should be changed from EFI to mfstdata, but it was already this way)
  4. ran install ubuntu to USB2 (clean drive, 332MB EFI partition and rest of 16GB Ext4, mount point ’/’
  5. after successful install changed main OS EFI partition flag to EFI (I suspect this might be the issue, as it was msftdata when I started?)
  6. restarted computer

This is the situation now:

• when USB2 with newly installed Ubuntu is inserted it boots(?) but gets stuck on the loading screen (Ubuntu logo), however I can enter Ubuntu recovery mode
  • can’t access Ubuntu downloaded with Rufus on from USB1 (to that way see what might be wrong)
  • cant boot into Windows 10 (OS on my SSD), removed the drive from the computer and all other issues persist. Does this mean my BIOS is damaged? Is there any way to fix that (laptop is Samsung NP530U3C)
  • stuck in restart loop (can’t enter BIOS or Recovery Mode)
  • Edit: unplugged the CMOS battery, but problems persists. Only way to exit restart loop seems to be using USB2.

Let me know if more information is needed. Unfortunately my knowledge is none when it comes to recovery.

Thank you for the help! Even if I can just get Windows back running I’m more than happy.

root@LA-5303C:*# sudo parted -1s
Model: ATA C250BX100SSD1 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 250GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:
Number Start End Size Type Filesys Flags
1   32,8KB 249GB 249GB primary ntfs 
2   249GB  250GB 609MB primary ntfs

Model: ATA SanDisk SSD 1100 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdb: 24,0G
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B