Rovio has been growing rapidly after the phenomenal success of Angry Birds, and our growth is continuing at a strong pace. Our Digital Services unit is focused on creating new products and services extending our offerings in games and beyond.
We are looking for an Analytics Developer to join our Digital Services Technology team based in Espoo, Finland. In this role you will be responsible for developing the various components of the Rovio analytics platform and contributing towards our Big Data project.
- 3+ years of experience in the field of software development
- Excellent programming skills with extensive knowledge of Java
- Experience of at least one of the following - Hadoop ecosystem; business intelligence; data mining / machine learning
- Good understanding of both NoSQL and relational databases
- Knowledge of data processing tools and environments
- Practical experience of working with Agile methodologies
- Fluent English and good communication skills
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in other programming languages, for example other JVM languages, C/C++ etc
- Experience in data visualisation
- Experience of Amazon services or other cloud technologies
- Competence in Linux
- Knowledge of ETL processes
- Experience of software scalability, testing and quality assurance
- General interest in the game industry
Our team is right at the cutting edge of new ‘Big Data’ technologies and there is great opportunity to learn in an atmosphere of fun. If you meet the job requirements, and have the motivation and enthusiasm to succeed in Rovio, please apply today. We will hire as soon as the suitable candidate is found, so don’t wait any longer!
Applying starts: 10.06.2013